NYSSRA intends to implement the scheduled events in compliance with National, State, Local, CDC, USSS and ski area laws, rules, and directives.
NYSSRA has established a COVID-19 task force made up of NYSSRA staff, program directors, members of the Board including Coaches, Officials and Athlete representatives, Development Committee Chairs and public and private ski area representatives to address, create and inform what the 2020-21 season will look like. This committee meets, as needed, on a regular basis and is committed to providing updates as needed.
USSS has created a COVID-19 resource section on their website that will be updated as new information becomes available.
NYSSRA dues and refund policy for 2020-21 is as follows:
- A late charge will be applied to any renewal memberships after November 1, 2020. The Coaches’ and Official’s late fees are $25 after November 1st. The late fee for Athlete memberships after November 1st is $50. The Athlete late fee increases to $75 after November 30th. There is never a late fee for new members.
- Members sustaining a season ending injury prior to December 15, 2020 will receive a full dues refund. Members injured after that date will not receive a refund.
- Should all NYSSRA events be cancelled prior to December 1, 2020 a dues refund, less a $25/member fee, will be applied to the credit card used.
- Should all NYSSRA events be cancelled on or after December 1, 2020 but prior to January 1, 2021 a dues refund, less a $45/member fee, will be applied to the credit card used.
- Should any or all NYSSRA events be cancelled on or after January 1, 2021 no refund will be made.
** Given the current US/Canadian border closing no late fees will be charged on Canadian residents memberships until 14 days after the border travel restrictions are lifted.**