• Gore Race Postponed - USSA OPEN HOLIDAY SLALOM FOR U16, U18, U21 at GORE MTN IS POSTPONED WITH NO RESCHEDULE DATE. ALL ONLINE REFUNDS WILL BE POSTED THROUGH ALPINE REG.COM ALL MAIL IN CHECKS WILL BE DESTROYED
• Updated Start Time for Dec 30th Race At WF - 9:30 am
• Revised Race Date Holimont's Christmas Opener GS - December 31st
• NYSSRA Racer Support Policy for 2015
U18 FIS Champs
U16 Eastern Champs
U14 Eastern Champs
In order to receive money the athlete/parent must submit a request to Program Director that includes name, address, races attended and receipt of race fees. This will be done on an annual basis and submitted prior to April 1st of current season. Once received, it will be verified and submitted to Treasurer for payment directly to the athlete/parent.
• Empire State Games 2015 - This annual event Feb 6-8 for U16 and U18 by selection will be held at Whiteface. Check it out: www.empirestatewintergames.com
• Olympic medalist Andrew Weibrecht charges after elusive World Cup podium finish
2014-2015 NYSSRA Manual Version #1 - go to About NYSSRA - Membership Manual dropdown
• From USSA -
* Helpful Informational Pieces -
Please take a minute to orient yourself for the 2015 season.
• USSA Membership Categories for '14-'15
Competitor $150 - Required for all U16 (YOB 1998 and older) and above that wish to have USSA points.
Non-Scored Student $100 - Available for all U16 (YOB 1998 and older)and above that do not wish to have USSA points.
Youth Competitor $80 - For all U14 (YOB 2000 and younger) and below. The Eastern region will not have any U14 scored events so there is no need for any U14 and below athletes to join with Competitor licenses.
USSA Club Participant $25 - For athletes training with a club program but not yet participating in USSA events. Also for club volunteers or parents who are active in support of club activities and events.
USSA Coach $135 (with background screening) ages 15 and older - Periodic background screening, education requirement.
USSA Official $60 - background screening for ages 15 and older.
USSA Club Volunteer $60 - background screening ages 15 and older
A USSA competitor membership and membership in one state racing organization are required for all levels of scored racing in the Eastern Region.
Participation in qualifying events leading to regional championships events requires a valid USSA “Competitor” or “Youth” membership depending upon the age group.
• For RA's - Race Fees for '15 Season - If you are holding a race during the '14-'15 season this information is for you.