New Links for EWSG Confirmation and Register/pay for U16s
2) New Deadline to Register/pay - Wednesday 2/4 at noon EST at:
The Empire State Winter Games will bring together the best athletes in New York State (U16 and older). A highlight of the 2015 season will be the ECS Empire State Winter Games at Whiteface Mountain and Lake Placid, February 6-8. This prestigious event has been a staple in the NYSSRA schedule for many years.The quotas and qualification criteria will be as follows:
• Empire State Winter Games Selection - NYSSRA process for qualification is in online NYSSRA manual. Coaches only confirm. Parents need to notify their coach of their intent. Please go to U18 NYSSRA website dropdowns and U16 Dropdown for details.
By Thurs Jan 29th U18s will know who has qualified. U16s will finalize their qualification after Monday SGs at BM and GO.
For those of you joining us at Empire State Winter Games, there will be an ESWG Athlete Guide posted in U18 and U16 dropdown by tomorrw. And, please register as soon as possible.
•(added Jan 6) U18s Racing in U16 Cup Races - NYSSRA U18s are allowed to race in scored U16 cup races in 2015. However, no U16 can be displaced from a race. If a race becomes full, preference must go to the U16 athlete. U18s will race under U16 rules, including the random seeding procedures established in the U16 section of the NYSSRA manual. U18s will be awarded appropriately and taken out of results for qualification purposes. NYS U16 State Championships are available ONLY to U16 athletes.
• Schedule Update for U18 Races at Bristol in Feb - Please check the U18 Schedule for details.
• NYSSRA Racer Support Policy for 2015
U18 FIS Champs
U16 Eastern Champs
U14 Eastern Champs
In order to receive money the athlete/parent must submit a request to Program Director that includes name, address, races attended and receipt of race fees. This will be done on an annual basis and submitted prior to April 1st of current season. Once received, it will be verified and submitted to Treasurer for payment directly to the athlete/parent.
• UVEX Helmets - If you have or are looking to purchase a UVEX helmet, please read this piece sent by Paul Van Slyke
2014-2015 NYSSRA Manual Version #2 - go to About NYSSRA - Membership Manual dropdown
• From USSA -
* Helpful Informational Pieces -
Please take a minute to orient yourself for the 2015 season.
• USSA Membership Categories for '14-'15
Competitor $150 - Required for all U16 (YOB 1998 and older) and above that wish to have USSA points.
Non-Scored Student $100 - Available for all U16 (YOB 1998 and older)and above that do not wish to have USSA points.
Youth Competitor $80 - For all U14 (YOB 2000 and younger) and below. The Eastern region will not have any U14 scored events so there is no need for any U14 and below athletes to join with Competitor licenses.
USSA Club Participant $25 - For athletes training with a club program but not yet participating in USSA events. Also for club volunteers or parents who are active in support of club activities and events.
USSA Coach $135 (with background screening) ages 15 and older - Periodic background screening, education requirement.
USSA Official $60 - background screening for ages 15 and older.
USSA Club Volunteer $60 - background screening ages 15 and older
A USSA competitor membership and membership in one state racing organization are required for all levels of scored racing in the Eastern Region.
Participation in qualifying events leading to regional championships events requires a valid USSA “Competitor” or “Youth” membership depending upon the age group.
• For RA's - Race Fees for '15 Season - If you are holding a race during the '14-'15 season this information is for you.