News from the Coaches Desk
- NYSSRA Quota entry request for FIS Development Races | 28 Nov 2019200701
This year NYSSRA has a state quota for entry to FIS Development Races only. Our quota is 3 for each Development Race. THESE SPOTS ARE FOR ATHELTES WITH USA FIS LICENSES ONLY. ATHELTES WITH CANADIAN OR OTHER FOREIGN FIS LICENSES MUST ENTER VIA THEIR HOME FEDERATION.
To apply for these NYSSRA Quota spots the athlete Coach must complete a form for any race below. BEFORE applying for these spots, the coach or parent must also enter the athlete into the race waitlist at www.skireg.com (requires a credit card which will be charged if an athlete gets in the race) An athlete who has not entered at skireg.com will not be considered for a NYSSRA spot. If we receive more requests than avalable spots, selections will be done using USSA points in the events being contested. For single discipline events we will use the most current USSA points list for that discipline when entries are due. For multi-discipline events we will use an NTSM of USSA points for the events being contested.
After entering an athlete at skireg.com, it is possible to see where the athlete ranks for that race and if the athlete will get in the race under the regular selection system.
The links below are for entry for NYSSRA Quota ONLY.
- Help Wanted | 9 Oct 2019200701
- SL Technique and Tactics - Sasha Rearick - US Men's Development Head Coach | 2 Nov 2018210701
- US Center for Safesport Parent Toolkit | 24 Oct 2018210701
- 2019-20 Alpine Equipment Regulations | 24 Oct 2017200701
No Changes from 2018-19
- 2018-19 Course Setting Matrix | 8 Sep 2017200701
No changes from 2017-18
- Guidelines Regarding Equipment Control and Protests at USSA races | 26 Jan 2017200701
- New USSA Gate Judge Video (Link to Download Full Video) WARNING: This is a huge file and might take over an hour to download | 1 Nov 2016200701
- Independent NYSSRA Coach Submission Process
Requirements to apply for Independent NYSSRA Coach status:
- Email request to NYSSRA Program Director - [email protected]
- Independent coaches application will be assessed by NYSSRA Exec Com.
- Applicant must be current USSA/NYSSRA Coach/Official membership with USSA Ref 1 and/or USSA Level 100 or above at the time of submission.
- Applicant must participate with USSA/NYSSRA ongoing coaches ed program as outlined in the most current NYSSRA manual.