News from the Coaches Desk
- Racer Support Policy for 2018-19 | 8 Dec 2018190701
- NYSSRA Quota entry request for FIS Development Races | 10 Nov 2018190701
This year NYSSRA has a state quota for entry to FIS Development Races only. Our quota is 3 for each Development Race. THESE SPOTS ARE FOR ATHELTES WITH USA FIS LICENSES ONLY. ATHELTES WITH CANADIAN OR OTHER FOREIGN FIS LICENSES MUST ENTER VIA THEIR HOME FEDERATION.
To apply for these NYSSRA Quota spots the athlete Coach must complete a form for any race below. BEFORE applying for these spots, the coach or parent must also enter the athlete into the race waitlist at www.skireg.com (requires a credit card which will be charged if an athlete gets in the race) An athlete who has not entered at skireg.com will not be considered for a NYSSRA spot. If we receive more requests than avalable spots, selections will be done using USSA points in the events being contested. For single discipline events we will use the most current USSA points list for that discipline when entries are due. For multi-discipline events we will use an NTSM of USSA points for the events being contested.
After entering an athlete at skireg.com, it is possible to see where the athlete ranks for that race and if the athlete will get in the race under the regular selection system.
The links below are for entry for NYSSRA Quota ONLY.
Dec. 18-21, 2018 Sugarloaf, Men 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/7/2018
Jan. 10-13, 2019 Stratton, Men 2GS, 2SL View Intents Deadline 12/31/2018
Jan. 10-13, 2019 West Mtn. Women 2 GS, 2SL View Intents Deadline 12/31/2018
Jan. 21-22, 2019 Mittersill Men 2SL View Intents Deadline 1/10/2019
Jan. 21-22, 2019 Proctor Women 2SL View Intents Deadline 1/10/2019
Men Whiteface Feb. 9-10, Women Sunpee Feb. 8-9 View Intents Deadline 1/31/2019
Men Berkshire Feb. 14-15, Women Shawnee Feb. 16-17 View Intents Deadline 2/7/2019
Men Sunday Riv.Mar.4-7, Women Sugarloaf Feb.27-Mar.2 View Intents Deadline 2/19/2019
DEVO Series Finals, Mar 22-25, Men-Stowe, Women-Okemo View Intents Deadline 3/17/2019
- SL Technique and Tactics - Sasha Rearick - US Men's Development Head Coach | 2 Nov 2018210701
- US Center for Safesport Parent Toolkit | 24 Oct 2018210701
- NYSSRA On-Hill Coaches Education Weekend at OTC and Whiteface Nov. 23-25, 2018 | 3 Oct 2018190701
This year we are taking our coaches education program on-hill rather than just in the classroom. This has been an ongoing request of coaches state-wide and we are happy to be able to create this program utilizing the facilities at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS NOVEMBER 1
November 23-25, 2018
Arrival on Friday evening. Indoor sessions begin at 7pm
On Hill at Whiteface all day Afternoon review at OTC.
On Hill at Whiteface until approx 2pm.
There are four options for this program
Option 1 - Includes Lodging and all meals at the OTC, Lift tickets for Whiteface and the course curriculum $299
Option 2 - For those that do not need housing or meals. Includes Lift tickets for Whiteface and the course curriculum. $149
Oprtion 3 -For those that do not need housing or meals and have a pass for Whiteface. Course Curriculum only. $59
Option 4 - For those with a pass for Whiteface but need housing, meals at OTC and course curriculum. $209
Lunch at Whiteface is on your own.
NOTE: All attendees must be members of US Ski and Snowboard and must complete Background Screening and Safesport prior to arrival at the OTC.
registration is closed.
- 2018-19 Alpine Equipment Regulations | 24 Oct 2017190701
No Changes from 2017-18
- 2018-19 Course Setting Matrix | 8 Sep 2017200701
No changes from 2017-18
- Guidelines Regarding Equipment Control and Protests at USSA races | 26 Jan 2017200701
- New USSA Gate Judge Video (Link to Download Full Video) WARNING: This is a huge file and might take over an hour to download | 1 Nov 2016200701
- Independent NYSSRA Coach Submission Process
Requirements to apply for Independent NYSSRA Coach status:
- Email request to NYSSRA Program Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent coaches application will be assessed by NYSSRA Exec Com.
- Applicant must be current USSA/NYSSRA Coach/Official membership with USSA Ref 1 and/or USSA Level 100 or above at the time of submission.
- Applicant must participate with USSA/NYSSRA ongoing coaches ed program as outlined in the most current NYSSRA manual.