News from the Desk
- Racer Support Policy 2018 | 20 Feb 2018180701
- U14 Eastern Championships @ Whiteface March 15-18, 2018 | 13 Feb 2018180701
NYSSRA Quota for this event is 13 Girls and 13 Boys.
Athletes qualify for this event from the U14 NYSSRA State Championships.
- U16 Eastern Championships @ Stowe, VT March 8-13, 2018 | 13 Feb 2018180701
NYSSRA Quota for this event is 12 Women and 12 Men.
Athletes qualify for this event from the U16 NYSSRA State Championships.
- U16 Eastern Finals @ Waterville Valley, NH March 22-25, 2018 | 13 Feb 2018180701
NYSSRA Quota for this event is 11 Women, 12 Men.
Athletes qualify for this event from the U16 NYSSRA State Championships.
- U19/U21 Eastern US Ski & Snowboard Finals @ Gore Mountain March 22-25, 2018 | 13 Feb 2018180701
NYSSRA Quota for this event is 14 Women, 15 Men
Athletes qualify for this event from the U19 NYSSRA State Championships
- Excelsior Cup Rankings East and West - Qualifiers for U14 State Championships | 22 Jan 2018180701
This is where we will post the rankings from the Excelsior Cup races - East and West. We will also post information about the U14 State Championships on this page.
Whiteface will host the NYSSRA U14 State Championships, March 1-4, 2018. Whiteface will also host the U14 Eastern Championships March 15-18, 2018.
Quotas for State Championships. Based on NYSSRA membership data as of Jan. 20.
Girls 39 35
Boys 35 31
Total quota is 140
NOTES: Please Read
Rankings are based on simple place points. 1st = 1 point, 2nd = 2 points, etc.....
Each run and the combined time each count as a race. If an athlete completes both runs of a SL or GS they will have 3 results. If they only complete one run, they will only have one result for that day. SG only has one run therefore one result.
An athlete's 5 best results (out of possible 13) will be used to determine who qualifies for State Championships.
Ties have been broken.
If you see #NUM! in the Best 5 column this is because the athlete does not have 5 results.
An athlete must have at least 5 results to qualify for the U14 State Championships.
Athlete names highlited in Green have qualified for NYSSRA U14 State Championships.
Athelte names highlighted in Orange are alternates.
Any athlete who has qualifed for State championships and chooses to withdraw and race in the Kandahar Festivals and possibly qualify for Kandahar Championships or Piche must notify NYSSRA Program Director by Wednesday, Feb. 14 at the latest so we can name alternates. Send email to email@example.com
- Empire Cup Standings (Qualifications for Empire State Games) | 9 Jan 2018180701
Notes - Please Read
Results are based on New World Cup Points. Only top 30 in each race earn points.
Ties have not been broken
Non-NYSSRA members have been removed from results
Empire State Games Gender quotas are based on membership % by Gender of U16 and older with a maximum field size of 140
Men 78, Women 66
Qualification to Empire State Winter Games is based on Empire Cup Race results. We will use one less than half the possible races for qualification purposes. If all races are held, each athlete could participate in a maximum of 10 races. One less than half would 4 race results. We will take the best 4 results for each athlete, or if the athlete has less than 4 results we will use the their total points. If any races are cancelled we may need to adjust.
Jan. 22 - Best 4 Column has been added. If you see #NUM this means the athlete does not have 4 results yet. In this case, total points would be used for rankings.
It is not necessary to have 4 results to qualify for Empire State Games. An athlete may have enough points to qualify with just one or two races depending on their results.
Empire State Winter Games Rankings have been Completed, Sorted by Best 4 results (or total points if less than 4 results) and Ranked. (All ties have been broken.)
See above for Quotas for Men and Women.
Please note that we are aware of several college athletes who have qualified and will not compete therefore we will be adding additional athletes to the quota to replace them.
We will begin the confirmation process on Monday at around Noon (or earlier) after we have had a chance to do a final review of all the data. We will send out a broadcast email when it is time to confirm or pull for the event.
EMPIRE STATE WINTER GAMES CONFIRMATIONS INSTRUCTIONS
Below is a link to a spreadsheet with all athlete names from the above ranking lists. Open the link on your computer (do not do this from a phone), Select Men or Ladies tab on the bottom of the sheet.
In the blue column only, click on the small arrow and select Confirm or Pull. Deadline is 5pm on Tuesday Jan. 30. After this deadline, any left blank will be purged.
The current green line will move if athletes above pull so even if you are below the green line, you should confirm if you will attend. We do not know where the line will end up.
Once we have transferred the data to Whiteface you will be able to register for events.
Opening Ceremony is at 6pm on Thursday night. Any athletes who wish to attend the opening ceremony must pick up their uniform by 5:30pm at the Lake Placid Convention Center office.
- Sending your results to USSA and NYSSRA | 8 Jan 2018180701
Click Here for a detailed instruction sheet for sending results to USSA and NYSSRA directly from Split Second software.
- RAs can now email race results | 1 Dec 2017180701
While the upload option remains available for those comfortable with it, Race Administrators can now, alternatively, simply add firstname.lastname@example.org to their email list of recipients of race results.
There is one further step that RAs must do to provide immediate availability of their results, but it is very simple. Just go to https://nyssra.org/domail.
Yes, it's that easy. You don't have to do anything except go there. You will receive an on-screen Thank you, or if there is a problem, a message directing you to send your results to Don Crossman at email@example.com.
It should be noted that there is also a link to https://nyssra.org/domail on the Coaches/RAs menu of this website.
It is very important that ALL RAs update their bookmarks/favorites to address https://nyssra.org. It needs to be exactly that for race administrators. It's a security and encryption issue.
- 2017-18 NYSSRA Membership Fees | 28 Nov 2017190701
Membership Deadline for renewal is October 15. After 10/15 a late fee of $25 will apply to all renewing memberships.
First time NYSSRA members do not pay a late fee.
U14 and under athletes - $80
U16 and older athletes - $90
Coaches and Officials - $25
- New Replacement Time Rule Change presentation | 28 Nov 2017180701
- Eastern Region Calendar of Events | 13 Nov 2017180701
- NYSSRA Quota entry request for FIS Development Races | 10 Nov 2017180701
This year NYSSRA has a state quota for entry to FIS Development Races only. Our quota is 3 for each Development Race. THESE SPOTS ARE FOR ATHELTES WITH USA FIS LICENSES ONLY. ATHELTES WITH CANADIAN OR OTHER FOREIGN FIS LICENSES MUST ENTER VIA THEIR HOME FEDERATION.
To apply for these NYSSRA Quota spots the athlete Coach must complete a form for any race below. BEFORE applying for these spots, the coach must also apply to the Eastern Region for entry via both Regular Entry and Development quota request. (This will make sure that all possible avenues to entry have been exhausted prior to using a NYSSRA quota spot) If we receive more requests than avalable spots, selections will be done using USSA points in the events being contested. For single discipline events we will use the most current USSA points list for that discipline when entries are due. For multi-discipline events we will use an NTSM of USSA points for the events being contested.
Please be sure to check the Development Series Ranking lists on the eastern region web site prior to requesting entry through the state quotas below.
The links below are for entry for NYSSRA Quota ONLY.
Dec. 17-20, 2017 Sunday River, Women 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/06/2017
Dec. 19-22, 2017 Sugarloaf, Men 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/08/2017
Jan. 28 - Feb. 2 Sugarloaf, ME Men and Women Speed Week View Intents Deadline 1/21/2018
Feb. 9-10, 2018 Berkshire East Men 2 GS View Intents Deadline 1/29/2018
Feb 9-10, 2018 Mt. Sunapee Women 2 GS View Intents Deadline 1/29/2018
Feb. 20-23, 2018 NTL Winter Activity Cntr, NJ M&W, 3 SL View Intents Deadline 2/09/2018
- Eastern Region Head Tax Accounting Sheet | 2 Nov 2017180701
- Eastern Region Head Tax Form | 2 Nov 2017180701
- NYSSRA Membership Fees | 27 Oct 2017180701
U14 and Younger - $80
U16 and Older - $90
Coach/Official - $25
Late fee if paid after Oct. 15 - $25
- 2017-18 Alpine Equipment Regulations | 24 Oct 2017180701
- Competition Official Home Course and Quiz, 2017 | 18 Oct 2017180701
- U14 OTC Dryland Camp Report, 2017 | 10 Oct 2017180701
- U14 Physical Assessment Score sheet from OTC Camp, Sept, 2017 | 10 Oct 2017180701
- NYSSRA Custom Hats and Neck Warmers | 9 Oct 2017180701
ORDER YOUR CUSTOM NYSSRA HAT OR NECKWARMER TODAY!
NYSSRA is working with Skida - a company started by a former ski racer based in VT to make custom designed hats and neck warmers just for NYSSRA. These will provide NYSSRA athletes with high visibility at the Killington World Cup Athlete Parade on Sunday November 26. And besides - they just look cool!
Please order your hats or neck warmers now so we can ship them to you in early November when they arrive and you can have them for the parade of athletes at Killington. These items are affordable and they look great!
NYSSRA Custom Hat - $30 in two sizes (+$3 shipping per item) M for kids and most Women, L for most U16+ and adults (If you want more than one item, you can adjust quantity in your shopping cart just before you pay)
- 2017-18 Course Setting Matrix | 8 Sep 2017180701
- Summer Workout | 7 Jul 2017180701
- New USSA TD Report | 6 Jan 2017180701
- Race Packet Submission | 6 Dec 2016180701
- NYSSRA Head Tax Form | 15 Nov 2016180701
- USSA/NYSSRA Race Result Document Packet INFO | 15 Nov 2016180701
- New USSA Gate Judges Video (2016) Streaming via Vimeo | 1 Nov 2016180701
- Health Info Summary Form
- NYSSRA Waiver & Release
- Alpine Entry Card | 4 Aug 2015
- Alpine Entry Card | 4 Aug 2015
- NYSSRA Officials Expense Report | 4 Aug 2015
- ORDA Waiver191231
- NYSSRA code of conduct
- Jim Taylor – 'In Tragedy, Putting Ski Racing in Perspective' | 8 Jan 2015
- I Ski Racing Parent By Edie Thys Morgan | 13 Oct 2014
- Wise Wording by Edie Thys Morgan
- Battling Ski Racing Costs - by Edie Thys Morgan | 24 Aug 2014
- NYSSRA 2014 Spring Meetings
- U12 Development Committee minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- U14 Development Com Minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- U16 Development Committee Spring Minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- U18 Development Committee Spring Minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- Officials Forms for Season Work
- Independent NYSSRA Coach Submission Process
Requirements to apply for Independent NYSSRA Coach status:
- Email request to NYSSRA Program Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent coaches application will be assessed by NYSSRA Exec Com.
- Applicant must be current USSA/NYSSRA Coach/Official membership with USSA Ref 1 and/or USSA Level 100 or above at the time of submission.
- Applicant must participate with USSA/NYSSRA ongoing coaches ed program as outlined in the most current NYSSRA manual.
- Race Administrator Login