News from the Coaches Desk
- Eastern Region Calendar of Events | 13 Nov 2017180701
- NYSSRA Quota entry request for FIS Development Races | 10 Nov 2017180701
This year NYSSRA has a state quota for entry to FIS Development Races only. Our quota is 3 for each Development Race. THESE SPOTS ARE FOR ATHELTES WITH USA FIS LICENSES ONLY. ATHELTES WITH CANADIAN OR OTHER FOREIGN FIS LICENSES MUST ENTER VIA THEIR HOME FEDERATION.
To apply for these NYSSRA Quota spots the athlete Coach must complete a form for any race below. BEFORE applying for these spots, the coach must also apply to the Eastern Region for entry via both Regular Entry and Development quota request. (This will make sure that all possible avenues to entry have been exhausted prior to using a NYSSRA quota spot) If we receive more requests than avalable spots, selections will be done using USSA points in the events being contested. For single discipline events we will use the most current USSA points list for that discipline when entries are due. For multi-discipline events we will use an NTSM of USSA points for the events being contested.
Please be sure to check the Development Series Ranking lists on the eastern region web site prior to requesting entry through the state quotas below.
The links below are for entry for NYSSRA Quota ONLY.
Dec. 17-20, 2017 Sunday River, Women 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/06/2017
Dec. 19-22, 2017 Sugarloaf, Men 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/08/2017
Jan. 28 - Feb. 2 Sugarloaf, ME Men and Women Speed Week View Intents Deadline 1/21/2018
Feb. 9-10, 2018 Berkshire East Men 2 GS View Intents Deadline 1/29/2018
Feb 9-10, 2018 Mt. Sunapee Women 2 GS View Intents Deadline 1/29/2018
Feb. 20-23, 2018 NTL Winter Activity Cntr, NJ M&W, 3 SL View Intents Deadline 2/09/2018
- 2017-18 Alpine Equipment Regulations | 24 Oct 2017180701
- 2017-18 Course Setting Matrix | 8 Sep 2017180701
- Fall 2017 Coaches and Officials Education Clinics | 6 Sep 2017171215
November 5, 2017 Windham Mountain, Update and RA, CR, CC, RF. $30 per person includes Lunch 9:30am
November 11, 2017 Brantling, Update and RA, CR, CC, RF. $30 per person includes Lunch 9:30am
December 14, 2017 Marriott Courtyard, 4243 Genesee St. Cheektowaga, NY (Buffalo Airport) Update Only 6:30pm - 9pm $30 per person
November 17-19 NYSSRA Coaches Education Symposium, OTC Lake Placid, NY This event will include an Officials Update.
You can sign up for Officials Clinics below using Paypal. (Note that anyone can use PayPal even if you don't have a PayPal account.)
Sign up for Officials Update only at Courtyard Marriott Buffalo Airport on Dec. 14 $30
- Independent NYSSRA Coach Submission Process
Requirements to apply for Independent NYSSRA Coach status:
- Email request to NYSSRA Program Director - email@example.com
- Independent coaches application will be assessed by NYSSRA Exec Com.
- Applicant must be current USSA/NYSSRA Coach/Official membership with USSA Ref 1 and/or USSA Level 100 or above at the time of submission.
- Applicant must participate with USSA/NYSSRA ongoing coaches ed program as outlined in the most current NYSSRA manual.